6 Ways To Use Coconut Oil In Your Beauty Routine
You know what they say about coconut oil - rub it on everything. Your hair. Your skin. Your problems. Everything. The uses of coconut oil in the beauty department are endless and for good reason; it’s antibacterial, packed with antioxidants like vitamin E, and loaded with moisturizing fatty acids. We’re sharing 6 ways you can introduce coconut oil to your beauty regimen today so you can start reaping the incredible benefits.
1. Makeup Remover - Ditch the super expensive makeup removers. Coconut oil gets the job done at a fraction of the price. Simply massage it into your face like a cleanser and watch that makeup melt right off. Rinse with warm water.
2. Body Scrub - Say goodbye to dead skin cells with the easiest DIY body scrub. Mix ½ cup of sugar with ½ cup of coconut oil and apply in the shower for skin that is moisturized and baby soft.
3. Deep Conditioner - If your hair is dry or damaged, coconut oil can work wonders. Apply a generous amount from roots to end, wrap hair in a loose bun and cover with a shower cap for at least 15 minutes or even overnight. You’ll want to sleep with a towel over your pillow to prevent it from getting on your pillowcase. Shampoo as usual the next morning.
4. Lip Balm - With the cold weather already starting to hit, beat chapped, dry lips with a dab of coconut oil. You can store some in a lip pot and keep it in your bag to apply throughout the day as needed.
5. Shaving Cream - No shaving cream, no problem. Not only does coconut oil allow your razor to glide smoothly for a closer shave, your legs will be so smooth and shiny (not greasy) due to the moisturizing properties of the oil.
6. Body Butter - Coconut oil on its own is an excellent moisturizer. Mix in a few drops of your favorite essential oils (like lavender for the nighttime) into a jar of coconut oil, allow it to harden and apply it to your entire body as a body butter.